I first began blogging back in 2009 when my writing career was just getting started, talking mostly about my personal writing endeavors at first, but slowly expanding to include author interviews, reading recommendation lists, and more academic pieces on the history of SF/F/H.
Over the nine years since launching the blog, I’ve written 143 posts (minus three or four, which my intern wrote), and all those posts have been hosted at http://garrettcalcaterra.blogspot.com, a freebie Blogger account. At long last, I’m migrating my blogging efforts here, to my official website.
By that, I mean that all new blog posts will be posted here at www.garrettcalcaterra.com. I don’t have the time or energy to do all the work it’d take to migrate the posts from the old Blogger site (and I’m not so mean as to ask my intern to do it), but I will maintain that old site as an archive.
To commemorate the transition, here’s an index of the best posts I created at the old site, with direct links to the posts. Please enjoy, and be on the lookout for new, regular content here!
- Sarah Gailey
- Craig Comer
- M.E. Parker
- Robyn Bennis
- Wendy Wagner
- Mia Thompson
- Wendy Wagner
- M Todd Gallowglas
- David B. Coe
- Patrick Hester
- James P. Blaylock
- Misty Massey
- Ahimsa J. Kerp
- What Will be the Next Breakout SF/F Novel?
- The List of Cli-Fi from SF/F Authors
- 20 Obscure SF/F/H Books Recommended by the Pros
- An Annotated Bibliography for Science Fiction and Climate Change
- 20 Albums for Sci-Fi and Fantasy Geeks
- Welcome to the World of Transgressive Fiction
- The History of Modern Fantasy Fiction (Sort of)
- A Brief History of Eä, the World of J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit